Working in teams is typically not an option in today’s workplace. People often work in functional teams, cross-functional teams, project teams, ad hoc teams, process improvement teams and leadership teams to name a few. Working effectively in teams often happens by accident, if it happens at all. To ensure teams achieve their highest potential and results, and don’t succumb to “their only as good as their weakest link” dilemma, teams need to understand what it takes to be their best and be able to execute accordingly.
DFD & Associates provides a combination of coaching, training and facilitation to ensure teams are able to function at their highest level. Working with an intact team that is either co-located or virtual, we begin with an on-line survey to determine key areas of strength and weakness on the team. As appropriate, we also interview some key team members for their perspective on the team’s strengths, and improvement opportunities. Based on this information, a team coaching program is developed to help the team capitalize on its strengths and overcome challenges and obstacles to achieve their goals. The length of the program will depend on the current performance level of the team and the objectives of the team program. Some teams only require incremental support while others require more transformational change.
Key topics which may be included in a team program are:
- Building a foundation of trust
- Working with and appreciating diverse personality styles and/or cultural differences
- Clarifying team roles and individual roles; identifying overlap and white spaces
- Achieving a culture of commitment and accountability
- Developing team operating principles
- Developing team member and leader shared expectations
- Having effective conversations, dialogues, and conflict
- Aligning individual and team results and measures
- Providing effective feedback
Please contact us for additional information regarding high performing team development for your teams.